If you're coming to LSE with your children you can apply for family accommodation.
LSE don't own or manage any family accommodation directly. That's why we work in partnership with Zebra Housing and the University of London International Hall to provide accommodation for LSE students with families. Family accommodation is in limited supply and availability depends on current residents moving out, which can happen any time during the year.
Find out more about:
University of London International Hall
Am I eligible for family accommodation?
You are eligible if you:
- have one or two children
- are studying a full-time degree or postgraduate qualification
- Zebra Housing only accepts overseas students
How much does family accommodation cost?
Zebra Housing prices from 1 April 2108
- studio flats from £850 to £995 per month
- one-bed flats from £1,225 to £1,330 per month
- two-bed flats from £1,397 to £1,480 per month
How to apply for family accommodation
Zebra Housing and the University of London manage their family accommodation themselves. Register your interest in hallpad, and we'll tell you how to apply with them directly.
1) Create an account in hallpad. To create an account, you need:
- your student ID number (from your offer letter)
- your date of birth
- a personal email address (email will be the main method that we use to communicate with you)
2) On the 'Application Summary Screen', select ‘Register your interest’ for family accommodation. Follow the steps and submit the form.
3) Once we've confirmed your student status, we will email you with details on what to do next.
4) Apply with Zebra Housing or the University of London (our email will tell you how).
5) Wait for a decision from Zebra Housing or the University of London. If they are able to make you an offer, they will contact you to confirm what's available and how to pay a deposit.
Family accommodation FAQ
Q: Can we stay for the full duration of my course?
Yes. You can stay until you've completed your studies.
Q: What happens if I don't get offered accommodation in Zebra Housing or International Hall?
The LSE Private housing service will be able to support you in finding alternative accommodation. Visit: Private housing
Q: Does LSE offer childcare?
Yes, the LSE Nursery offers friendly childcare close to campus at discounted rates for students, staff and alumni. For more information, visit: LSE Nursery